In relation to the Coronavirus, Public Health England (PHE) have issued advice with regards helping prevent the spread of any infection. In line with this advice Chesterton Sports Centre has put in place the following control measures.
Chesterton Sports Centre will help prevent the spread of any infection by:-
- Requiring all users to wash their hands with soap and water, or a 60% plus alcohol sanitiser before and after equipment usage. To facilitate hand washing users may elect to carry their own alcohol hand sanitiser.
- Reminding users not to touch eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Reminding users of the importance of covering a cough or sneeze with a tissue which is then disposed of in a bin following PHE’s “catch it, bin it, kill it” advice.
- The Sports Centre has a thorough cleaning programme in place that focuses on high contact areas.
The guidance from Public Health England regarding people returning from overseas has been updated and we ask everyone to read the following and take action as required:
If you have returned from these specific areas since February 19, you should call NHS 111 and stay indoors and avoid contact with other people even if you do not have symptoms:
- Specific lockdown areas in Northern Italy as designated by the Government of Italy
- Special care zones in South Korea as designated by the Government of the Republic of South Korea
- Hubei province (returned in the past 14 days)
If you have returned from these areas since February 19th and develop symptoms, however mild, you should stay indoors at home and avoid contact with other people immediately and call NHS 111. You do not need to follow this advice if you have no symptoms.
- Northern Italy (defined by a line above, and not including, Pisa, Florence and Rimini),
More information can be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Chesterton Sports Centre