After four months of closure, it was announced last night that sports centres will be able to reopen from 25th July 2020.
We will be working very hard to ensure our facilities will be ready to open in the safest possible way. We have designed a re-opening framework to meet COVID-19 guidelines.
Our customers will play a major part by following the guidelines and measures to make sure that our facilities are as safe as possible for all users and staff while enjoying the amazing benefits of being physically active.
As it was mentioned previously, all sports centres will have to operate in a different way.
The changes will include:
- For the summer months we will be operating with slightly reduced opening times. Monday – Friday 7 am – 7pm, Saturday & Sunday 8am – 4pm
- Capacity numbers will be reduced in all areas to conform with social distancing measures
- Fitness Suite, Swimming Pool and Fitness Classes will need to be pre-booked online or on the telephone to be able to effectively manage maximum capacity numbers for staff and visitors safety
- If you do not have your PIN number for online booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and telephone number
- We are aiming to enable online booking by the 18th July 2020. Telephone bookings will be available from the date of opening
- We will be introducing a fair usage policy to ensure that everyone wishing to book a session has the ability to do so
- Fitness Suite and Gymnasium sessions will be limited to 60 minutes
- Swimming Pool sessions will be limited to 45 minutes. Please come ‘beach ready’ with your costume under your clothes as per current guidance. The changing rooms shall be opened only a few minutes before the session starts and customers must exit the changing rooms 15 minutes after the pool closes to allow cleaning of the area
- Fitness Classes will be limited to one session per member per day. This will be reviewed regularly and amended as soon as we are able to do so
- Admission will only be authorised if a pre-booking has been made. Please swipe your card at the gate to gain access
- All activity areas will be closed for 30 minutes between each bookable session to accommodate an enhanced cleaning regime
- Social distancing rules will need to be followed at all times throughout your visit
- Posters and signage will be displayed in all the facilities
- A sanitiser station and protection screens will be installed at reception
- 2m spacing markings will be in place on the floor from outside the entrance and at Reception
- In line with other sports & fitness providers we will be adopting cashless only payment methods, this means we will only be accepting card payments. This is to protect our staff & customers
- Changing & showering facilities shall be closed for those participating in non pool based activities, please arrive exercise ready
- Toilets shall remain open for use, disinfectant sprays and wipes shall be provided for customers to wipe down areas touched
- Please only bring essential items with you. Lockers in the main corridor will be available for customer use
- Customers to bring their own water bottles, we will not be able to provide cups
- No towels can be brought in until further notice, please use paper towels provided
- Some equipment from the Fitness Suite will be moved into the Gymnasium to create a second exercise area
- Fitness Classes will be held in different areas, including outside to allow social distancing
- Please clean your own equipment including mats and seating with disinfectant spray or wipes provided
- The sauna will stay closed until there is further guidance available
- Swimming lessons & youth activities shall not recommence until a later phase of the centres reopening
- The return of different indoor sports will be based on the relevant sport governing body’s guidance
- We are required by current regulations to ensure that all visitors are registered. This will allow for tracking and tracing to be completed if the centre is exposed to an enhanced risk of COVID-19.
These measures will be under continuous review and we may alter the arrangements based on government guidelines and or customer feedback.
Please note that all memberships remain on freeze until further notice. You don’t need to do anything yet.
We will communicate with you in advance of restarting any memberships via email.
You can also check our FAQ regarding distancing and safety measures.
Thank you for your support and patience during these challenging times and we really look forward to welcoming you back!