Whether you are catching up with friends in the cafe, returning with your gym buddy or restarting your favourite activity we cannot wait to open our doors and welcome you.
Your safety remains our key priority, which is why we will be continuing to follow all COVID guidelines set out to provide a safe environment for training and socialising.
Get ready for new products, deals and services giving a fresh look to Chesterton Sports Centre and a sports centre, which puts the community first.
To all of our customers who have continued to show an overwhelming support, we say THANK YOU!
Things that will continue:
• We will encourage the “hands, face, space” mantra throughout the sports centre.
• We will encourage the use of face masks in communal areas, particularly where groups congregate including swimming lessons parents in the changing rooms.
• We will continue to provide sanitiser throughout the building for sports centre users.
• We will actively encourage our users to continue to use the sanitiser and cloths in the gym and fitness classes for wiping down the equipment before and after use.
• Staff will continue to follow our COVID cleaning procedure, including the use of the Electrostatic Sprayer to sanitise equipment, touch points and surfaces.
• Upon entering the facility we encourage you to ‘check in’ using the NHS Test and Trace app.
• All swim and gym users must swipe in at the gates. If you do not have your membership card you will be required to register your attendance at reception which may hold up your session.
• Lane swimming will remain booking only as a safety precaution for monitoring capacity. Please do so through our Online Bookings page. Please remember that there is still a fines based system in place for Swim Sessions, if you are unable to attend a session please cancel the session up to 24hours before through the Online Bookings page.
What will change:
• All pre-paid membership members will now have access to the member changing rooms.
• All facilities that were restricted because of social distancing will be re-instated.
• Following the lifting of the 1m+ rule for social distancing, we will be increasing our capacity for all activities throughout the centre, including swimming, swimming lessons and fitness classes. Some session capacities will be gradually increased to ensure safety, confidence and enjoyment of all participants.
• Gym sessions no longer need to be booked in advance and there will be no restrictions on the length of training time. Feel free to visit any time during our current opening hours:
- Weekdays: 07:00 – 21:00
- Saturdays: 08:00 – 16:00
- Sundays: 09:00 – 17:00
• All sports hall and Astroturf activities will be available for casual hire (subject to availability) including 5-a-side football and other team sports. This will be available to book online from Monday 19th July 2021.
• There will no restrictions on training together. We ask that you be mindful and respectful of other members.
• The Sauna will be open.
Welcome to Chesterton Sports Centre
An outstanding place to enjoy sport and leisure in the local community.
Chesterton Sports Centre opened in the Summer of 2004. With a swimming pool, sports hall, gymnasium, 3G Astroturf, grass pitches, tennis courts, aerobics studio and a brand new fitness suite it has become a firm favorite with residents in and around the Cambridge area.
For those customers who find gyms rather daunting and prefer more traditional ways to get fit, the centre has a large sports hall which accommodates badminton, short tennis, football, trampolining and much more. In addition the centre plays host to many children’s activities and courses that are on offer during term time through our youth programme. In the school holidays we offer children’s activities such as Sports Camps, which provide fun packed, activity filled days for the children, alongside with swimming crash courses.
Please be aware that if you are staying in the car park for longer than 2 hours, to avoid parking charges please record your registration number at Sports Centre reception.